21 Travel Tips For The Female Solo Traveler
TRAVELING ALONE AND LOVING IT!
Some people may just be starting out traveling alone and are a little worried, so I’d like to give a few suggestions that could hopefully help you. The are many different Travel Companies that you could use. Some people who travel alone like to use Escorted Tour Companies.
With an Escorted Tour Company you’ll be traveling with a group of people, with a set itinery, you’ll make new friends, you’ll explore the world and you’ll feel at ease doing it. But some of us are a little more adventurous and want to go out on our own. So, here’s a few tips for you.
1. Understand how travel contributes to happines. So don’t deprive yourself of this travel ability because you’re solo. You go and make that trip.
2. Save up. Know your budget. You don’t want to ‘Break the Bank’ for a trip or you’ll have a lot of remorse afterwards. So stay within your budget.
3. Decide on your destination and buy Travel Insurance.
4. Book solo friendly accommodation. Some places adapt better to the solo traveler than if you’re traveling in a group.
5. Pack light. If you can’t pack light pack smart. Make sure you’re bringing the right amount of things and not a bunch of ‘extra’ things. No-one’s gonna be there to carry your luggage.
6. Know how to stay in-touch. Set up your phone so it can call from any country. It’s alot easier to do than people think. Make a call to your mobile phone provider and you’ll probably find that it’s only $10 a day for ease of mind and complete flexibility to use your phone in any country.
7. Be patient, relax and enjoy.
8. Be pro active. If you’re unsure where you’re going ask someone. Don’t stand around looking dazed and confused, it’s not a good look when you’re in a different country or even in your own country, so don’t be afraid to ask for help.
9. Know which way is up. Look at your map. Study your surrounding. Know which way you’re looking at so you can be sure you know how to get back to your hotel.
10. Stay ‘low-key.’ Don’t flash expensive jewellery or expensive cameras or electronics.
11. Traveling alone does not mean lonely. SMILE.
12. Learn a few words in the local language. You don’t have to be fluent but you should make a bit of effort to learn a few words at least.
Göreme, Cappadocia in Turkey
The Nile River at Mercur Karnak Hotel, Luxor
13. Stay in places that encourage talking and friend building. Maybe common places like coffee shops or in the hotel lobby cafe.
14. Establish a routine. Maybe get to know the local people. Even go to the same restaurant a few times so they get to know you as well.
15. Take escourted day tours. Meet people who are staying in the same area or even the same hotel. It could mean you might meet another solo traveler and continue into the evening or make a plan to meet the following day.
16. Be obvious. It’s ok to look like a tourist. People will be more helpful.
17. Read. Always bring a book when you travel alone. It’s a great time to spend a little ‘you time’ with a good book.
18. Plan your transportation wisely. Anything you need to know about the busses or the subways and how they’re going, make those plans ahead of time and know the different types of transportation that’s available to you.
19. Confirm it’s safe. Confirm the destination is safe by doing some research and check with the hotel staff if the area is safe at night to be walking around alone.
20. Get to know the hotel staff a little and let them get to know you a little too. It can really help you feel more confident when you’re traveling alone as well.
21. Some Tour Operators charge extra when you’re solo and a lot of All-Inclusives do that. Even cruise lines do that. But, there’s a lot of places out there that don’t. Watch for the single traveling accommodations and watch for the single traveler ads. There are some cruise lines that allow a solo person and not pay double price and some all-inclusives that do that. The are some cruise lines that have accommodation just for a solo traveler. Just watch for those trips. Different types of trips. There are even trips organised for a bunch of singles to go together so they can make friends.
So, I hope all these or at least some of these tips will be useful for you at some point. And remember, travel contributes to your happiness! So enjoy it! You’ll be amazed and wonder why you didn’t do it before now!
Unfortunately, since the COVID-19 Pandemic we haven’t been able to travel, but hopefully we can start traveling again in the next couple of months. So,to help you all start traveling again we’d like to offer you all an ‘EXCLUSIVE TRAVEL SAVINGS WEBSITE’ where you will be able to book all your travel needs at insanely reduced prices!!
To take advantage of this FANTASTIC OFFER go here > https://igobuum.com/#/
Then add this Code: 566193 in the box to create your personal account. Then go through the website so you can add your details and get familiar with it so you’ll be ready to book when the time comes and whenever you want. You can even let your family and friends use it too!
I’ll certainly be booking my next trip as soon as we are officially ‘set free to fly’ once again. And if there’s any lovely ladies who would like to suggest a travel destination to travel together then please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’ll be happy to discuss something with you, or if you are a Mixed Group and would like to travel with me we can also discuss traveling together as a Group.
Take care Everyone and STAY SAFE!